Friday, June 5, 2009

Day 88

A sample of the work I do:

Ok, so Matt and I just finished up working with the API and have found lots and lots of things going on...
I hate being the barer of bad news but here goes... this board seems to be possessed.  These reports are after reseating modules and problems still persist.

All 4 Bus outs continuously crackle.
The sub-masters exhibit a "wind through the trees" and crackle, snap and pop very loudly and completely randomly.
The Control Outs crackle and 'buzz' independently.
Ch1 - The pan is wired backward, so left is right, and right is left.
Ch2 - Quiet as hell and distorted.
Ch3 - The mic in is NOT working.
Ch8 - The mid-range EQ creates an oscillating tone.
Ch9 - Just plain dead.
Ch10 - Bad sounding, 'crispy', quiet in general w/ no left side pan - fader does cut out at 0db.
Ch11 - Similar to Ch10 minus fader issues.
Ch12 - Similar to Ch11.
Ch13 thru Ch16 - Thin and quiet, 13 being the best sounding of the bunch.

Basically, the whole second bucket (Ch 9-16) are not as full sounding as the working channels 1, 4, 5, 6, and 7 on the first bucket.

We also checked foldback outs and the echo sends:

Fold backs worked but the 2nd channel in comparison with the 1st was much softer.

Echo Sends:  All exhibited signs that the 1st was good, but the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th were quieter.
Ch6 Echo sends were all weak.
Ch11 has light echo send static.
Ch12 has a bad latch and heavy echo send static, possibly mic pre-related.
Ch14 has mic-pre related issues in correspondence with the echo sends.
Ch15 exhibits strange behavior and sounds dirty.

All four master faders seem to not be routed to the entire board.

Cameron

I'm sure that this makes close to no sense to most of you but I felt it might be interesting to see what I am working on around here until midnight on a Thursday evening.  We started around 8pm and just finished in the last half an hour and still didn't get to check everything we needed to check.... C'est la vie.

Happy birthday Mother!  Love you more than you'll ever know.

Cameron 

No comments:

Post a Comment